View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 10:42 AM   #51 (permalink)
Mt Tam I am
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z T/S/N 6MT & XKE
Mt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Mine was 106db with the wife inside, and 85 without her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mengel View Post
If you don't like the road noise, buy an exhaust, an intake and some high flow cats. Wont here the road noise over that...
I bought a Stillen CBE and now I turn down the music just to listen to the sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoriumHotdog View Post
Wow. I didn't expect these type of responses after reading the OP.
Neither did I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleLion View Post
There is general agreement that the 370Z is noisy. The sport package versions appear to be the loudest. There also is agreement that reducing the road noise would be a good thing.
Sort of like the agreement that manuals are for drivers and autos are for posers. Starting out like this may have been the catalyst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoquad View Post
I found the OP's wording to be objectionable. I'm not a big fan of the theory that the car is noisy, but folks are entitled to the opinion. It's when one suggests that it is a consensus that the car is noisy that one is incorrect. It's an opinion shared by some, but apparently not by most.

But I also agree that OP was trying to be helpful in getting a feel for which sound deadening product does the job better. I think that would be helpful for those in the market.
He is only asking.
Nissan Motorsports 34R Oil Cooler. Stillen CBE. Hotchkis Sport Sway Bars. KW Variant 3 Coilover System. Stillen Gen3 CAI. Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Stillen Brake Ducts. Carbotech™ XP10/XP8 Pads. Z1 Front Rotors. Z1 Stainless Brake Lines. Two degrees of camber
Mt Tam I am is offline   Reply With Quote