Thread: Tweeters?
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 07:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
Falcor
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370 CFR edition
Falcor has a spectacular aura aboutFalcor has a spectacular aura aboutFalcor has a spectacular aura about

Well I was playing around with the settings on the amp and the Head unit yesterday and I was wondering why I have my components set to high pass and the woofer set to lp? I thought the point of the crossover was to set the freq to where it should be for the woofer and the tweeter. So I changed the 4 ch amp to full range (or off on the switch that says hp, lp or off). There was also a setting on the head unit that changed the "treble freq", I chanaged that too. The distortion in the tweeters appears to be gone!

I'm not sure how having the components set to hp would have made distortion in the tweeters, or maybe the setting that was set on the head unit controlling the "treble freq" was set to cut off the highs?. I'm very confused, but now the speakers sound fine and I have all the midrange that I was lacking before.

Btw. I have to keep the sub crossover set really low or else I get some nasty sound. I have learned how important it is to have the right size box for the sub this 10w7 is way overkill for this small zenclosures box.
Falcor is offline   Reply With Quote