Thread: Hit and Run
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 10:24 PM   #34 (permalink)
specZ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: On The Weekends
specZ has a reputation beyond reputespecZ has a reputation beyond reputespecZ has a reputation beyond reputespecZ has a reputation beyond reputespecZ has a reputation beyond reputespecZ has a reputation beyond reputespecZ has a reputation beyond reputespecZ has a reputation beyond reputespecZ has a reputation beyond reputespecZ has a reputation beyond reputespecZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by themann1984 View Post
I think the damage is covered by their uninsured motorist coverage. If the driver had stayed and reported the incident it would have been paid by the driver's property damage coverage. However, since the driver left, there is no insurance to cover the damage.

Collision covers damages to your car when YOU hit something. Comprehensive covers damages when something other than a car hits your car. This should be under UM or UM-PD (depending on the state). If it is under UM they shouldn't have to pay a deductible.
usually UM applies only if the insured captures a valid license plate to which the insurance company can pursue to recoup the payout. Otherwise, anyone can and will say "I was hit by unknown vehicle, I have uninsured motorist,I dont have to pay anything right?" This and most cases fall under collision. Just a little heads up if/when you file your next claim
specZ is offline   Reply With Quote