View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 07:31 PM   #16 (permalink)
Flojo
Base Member

Drives: Nissan 370 Gray M6
Flojo is on a distinguished road

Convertibles should not be a problem I see more Mazda Miata on the track then any other car. The rules you are looking for are CCR( Club Codes and Rules) they're on both the national and regional sites. You can contact Steve Lenz he is the chief Tech for HPDE. His link is on the contact us tab on the NASA NorthEast Region - Safe, Affordable Way to get on the Race Track page.

Upgrading the brake is good. The factory pads do fade as you get faster. I started off with them and change them after the 3rd event, half a pad left.
I am now using Hawk HP plus and they work great. I actually had more problems with the brake and clutch fluid boiling then the pads. I changed both to high temp fluid and that cured the problem.

Oil cooler is another upgrade you will want if you haven't already. To start you can do without until you get faster and push the engine . Just watch the gauge and back off that is when its time.

NASA has competitive pricing and organize the events well . Another site you can check is MotorsportReg.com : Online registration management tools for driving and social events. This is a site that almost all the clubs advertise there events.

New Snell rating is out for 2010. SA2005 will expire in 2015 and SA2010 will expire in 2020. Just ordered a new SA 2010 Pyrotect helmet from Racing Accessories for Drag and More, Seatbelts & Tiedowns! for $299 and only weighs 3.3 lb plus a free bag and shipping, can't beat that deal.

Hope to see you at an event. It's fun it's safe and you'll want more after the first try.
Flojo is offline   Reply With Quote