Thread: Cabin noise
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 03:13 PM   #105 (permalink)
SeattleLion
Base Member

Drives: '13 Mustang GT Prem.
SeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond repute

I've read all the noise threads and tons of reviews that complain about the 370Z noise. I've had my car for 6 months now (2010 370 Touring with sport package). I have to agree that road noise is loud. I really wasn't shocked by it. Back in the day, my 240 wasn't very quiet either.

I do agree that since I use the car as a dd, it would be nice to have less road noise. What bothers me is that many people claim no improvement with adding sound deadening to the hatch and doors. Others claim dramatic changes. There don't seem to be any objective results to analyze. It would be great if someone would measure the sound level at the driver's position before installing deadening material and then measure afterward. We could then see the difference numerically.

It's not surprising we get conflicting result reports. "Loud" and "soft" are subjective. 85db at 60mph smooth asphalt is objective.

Oil cooler issues are measurable. We all can see our oil temp and can report changes after adding a cooler. We really need to do the same thing with various sound reduction solutions.
SeattleLion is offline   Reply With Quote