Thread: Cabin noise
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 03:13 PM   #104 (permalink)
RiCharlie
Track Member

Drives: 370 Touring Spt A/t
RiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdmanx1 View Post
Richarlie, Guard_Dad, thanks for the excellent posts regarding your experience with the "noise/not noise/whatever all want to call it" reduction. I ,along with many other I suspect, found those posts particularly helpful.

I agree with many in the forum who actually provide valuable info rather than opinions that sidetrack from the main point of the forum. You car, your money, your taste, your mods regardless of opposing opinions.

I too have found myself in situations where I was struggling to hold conversations in my nismo cruising at the normal 140mph (why I am talking at those speeds is not the issue, maybe I am being chased by zoombies in other sports cars, who knows ); I don't want to eliminate the sound from this sweet & mean engine since it is part of the awesome driving experience, I wouldn't mind reducing some of the slight road "noise/not noise/whatever all want to call it".

Would adding the dynamat to the doors & trunk suffice to eliminate much of the issue? Does one also need to do apply some dynamat to the floor for complete satisfaction ? I will be using the 20lbs dynamat 9 sheet pack.
I can only tell you that the doors have no sound dampening at all and when I got that done it made a big difference. I am going to have the wheel wells done next.. I had the hatch area done previously and cant say I was impressed..The sound level is better and maybe its just a combination of everything.. but the car is very different now... much MUCH better and fun to drive without the aggravation of excessive noise !! No fun driving something which is so loud I cant hear my wife's constant directions!!
RiCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote