View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 12:59 PM   #40 (permalink)
robrv21
Base Member

Drives: 2009 Nissan 370Z PG
robrv21 is on a distinguished road
Default Another one

Ok. Here's my story. Yesterday, I drove to work as I do everyday. No problems whatsoever. I get in the car to go to lunch and push the start button and nothing. Only thing lit up is the Lock light. I notice the "key" light is lit up on the instrument panel. I thought it may be the FOB batteries. I went and bought new batteries for both my spare and primary FOB's. Didn't work. I called the local Nissan dealership which is not where I purchased the Z. Remeber that. They had me hit the brakes to verify the brake lights were coming on and to put the FOB in the slot and try and start it. Didn't work. They asked if I had had it in storage for an extended amount of time. I haven't. They then said I would have to have it towed. I made sure to ask if this was all going to be covered under my Nissan warranty and he said yes, as long as there were no signs that I tampered with any electrical wiring or any signs of theft. So, I have it towed to the dealership. This morning I called them and asked if they had found the problem. They said that my battery was dead. ??????? They then said that I must have left my lights or something on because it was dead. ?????? I said nope...I din't leave the lights on. Now, here's what I believe they are trying to do. I think they don't want to have to flip the bill for the tow job so they are lying to me about the battery. That battery isn't even a year old yet. The car has 7000 miles on it. I know it's a possiblility but come on now. Why would the "KEY" light come on if it was just a dead battery? Why did a battery light not come on. Why did all my lights still work and my horn? I think somethings fishy here. What do you all think?
robrv21 is offline   Reply With Quote