View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 12:50 PM   #45 (permalink)
Junkman2008
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Junkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodytechz View Post
Junkman, my new Z is on order and will arrive this April (04/2011). Could you tell me how best to treat the paint as soon as I get it and how long I have to wait to apply addtional finishes?? Thanks in advance for your help! Oh, I got the Pearl White if that makes a difference?
Color does not make any difference in detailing. All colors damage the same and will shine the same depending on what polish (NOT WAX), you choose to use.

Your car will probably come with no protection. If you are smart, you'll tell the dealership to perform absolutely NO prep to your car. Those yahoos will swirl up the paint and present your car to you in less than pristine condition which will create more work for you. Under no circumstances do you want them to do that. Dealerships are not in the car care business and their crappy work reflects that.

If you car does arrive in pristine condition, the only thing that you should need to do is properly wash it and apply wax. If you do have to polish the paint (which is what creates the shine), the Adam's Fine Machine polish is all you'll need. Follow that with a wax like their Americana Carnuba Paste Wax or better yet, their sealant called Machine Superwax (which protects the paint much longer). Both of these waxes must be applied a specific way so if you don't know how to use them, ask.

Remember, wax is what protects the paint. Polishing is what makes the paint shine. Don't confuse the results that you get from each and buy the wrong thing. They are both necessary but they offer two, totally different results.