View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 12:00 PM   #337 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkouonchi View Post
7.34%? Ouch! That is one reason I am glad that I got a credit card at a decently young age (around 18-19) and I was responsible with it. It allowed me to slowly build up my credit as I made all my purchases on it. I also leased a much cheaper car ($200/month) for 4 years before getting the 370z as it made a lot more sense financially considering what insurance on a 350Z would have cost me back then.

I am also glad I did not wait too long after getting the house to get the 370z. In the process of getting the houses I had a crapton of credit checks and stuff ran on me (just to make offers on some houses I had to be approved for their own credit although I didn't have to use them). When I got the 370z my credit score was just over 800 so luckily I was able to get around 3.25% APR. After my credit scores 'caught up' I went down by a good 60-70 points which might have prevented me from getting such a good rate. At over 7% I would definitely try to get that thing paid off ASAP.

Staying in good shape on the loan should help you with your credit score. I am pretty sure mine went up quite from when I first got the lease to the end of the lease.
I have had an LOC for about 2.5 years now. I really wish I had gotten into building my credit younger as well. The 7.34% is on a 72mo loan, could have gotten 6.34% on a 5 year. Anyway, I was only a mid/upper 600's beacon, so I was in B-tier category. I plan on re-financing in a couple of years. You are 100% right, though, getting credit rolling when you are young is the way to go! You really need to help finance your highschool car/college car, so you have car credit. That is prime.

I bought a Z06, and not a 370Z, so I can't make tripple-payments or somehting like I could with the 370Z. I am shooting to re-finance in 2 years, and pay it off in 60mo.

I always wanted a Z06 or a Viper, so I got one. The difference in my notes at 7.34% vs. 4.25% (about the best you will find at 72mo regardless of who you are) is less than $100 a month the way I structured it (payment every 2 weeks), and quite frankly, that $90 or so a month isn't very important to me vs. the several years it would have taken to end up in the 720+ region, considering I wouldn't waste my money on another car, and didn't want a house, that climb would be infinitely SLOW.

For example, I paid my debt down from 100% to 50% debt/credit ratio, got a new credit card and used the hell out of it and paid it off several times a month, and took out and paid off a little $1000 loan. During the 6 months I did all this, my credit score went up...by 8 points. I need a car or a house on there to actually make any changes to it, and I don't want a house, and I already have a DD that's paid for. The fun-car was the only thing lacking in my life, and like I told my banker, anything other than the car I want, is just a waste of my money because I won't be happy with it.

Last edited by ImportConvert; 01-20-2011 at 12:04 PM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote