Thread: Cabin noise
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 08:59 AM   #103 (permalink)
birdmanx1
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Nismo
birdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to birdmanx1
Thumbs up

Richarlie, Guard_Dad, thanks for the excellent posts regarding your experience with the "noise/not noise/whatever all want to call it" reduction. I ,along with many other I suspect, found those posts particularly helpful.

I agree with many in the forum who actually provide valuable info rather than opinions that sidetrack from the main point of the forum. You car, your money, your taste, your mods regardless of opposing opinions.

I too have found myself in situations where I was struggling to hold conversations in my nismo cruising at the normal 140mph (why I am talking at those speeds is not the issue, maybe I am being chased by zoombies in other sports cars, who knows ); I don't want to eliminate the sound from this sweet & mean engine since it is part of the awesome driving experience, I wouldn't mind reducing some of the slight road "noise/not noise/whatever all want to call it".

Would adding the dynamat to the doors & trunk suffice to eliminate much of the issue? Does one also need to do apply some dynamat to the floor for complete satisfaction ? I will be using the 20lbs dynamat 9 sheet pack.
370Z NISMO #0462 | ClearBra | 3M tint | Head/Taillights | Dynamat | Black Roof | Tommy Kaira HB | CF Parts | Berk HFCs | FI SS | NST Pulleys | Takeda aFe | K&N | H&R Spacers | Swift Spec R | SPC F&R | Zuperman M370
Nismo Vid | Nismo Journal | Nismo Rumble

Last edited by birdmanx1; 01-20-2011 at 09:06 AM.
birdmanx1 is offline   Reply With Quote