View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 07:48 AM   #11 (permalink)
Footloose301
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th
Footloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud of

I'll be 25 in March. I didn't have a ton of money to put down on the car as I work a full-time job that pays OK, and I go to school full-time as well. I pay all of my bills myself, including my schooling. I do live at home with my parents for now. However, I do pay them rent each month as well. I make enough to make ends meet and still have enough to go out and have fun occasionally, but I cannot afford any mods to my car without extra income such as my tax return, or my annual bonus at work. If I stopped having fun on the weekends and stopped taking my gf out to dinner and movies each weekend then I would be able to have some stuff done to my car. But hey, I think I'm doing pretty good for 24years old.

Before my current job I was a construction manager for a new home builder and made $73k/yr when I got laid off a couple years ago when the market crashed. When I worked there I was able to buy everything I needed at that time, like a $4k Apple Computer fully built up, a $4500 LCD TV(Tvs are much cheaper these days), and all other kinds of things. I paid cash for everything so I don't have many bills that kids my age have.

Sorry for the length here but I'm tired of the older people assuming that we don't work for our toys when of course they had to work on a farm, milk chickens, and walk to school in the snow barefoot as a child. Times have changed.