View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 01:34 AM   #15 (permalink)
memorylasts
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Cars...
memorylasts has a spectacular aura aboutmemorylasts has a spectacular aura aboutmemorylasts has a spectacular aura about

The MKVI GTI is a great car but converting to german cars for you I will for warn you about electrical gremlins, and for every sensor there is about 5 more....

I have owned a 2001 MKIV 1.8t GTI, and traded it for a 2008 MKV, got to stg 2+ from apr but before i got there i had about 20 days of service time... nothing due to mods, i then hit a total of 30, sued VW and somehow ended up in a 2009 Audi A4, Anyways before i bought my Z i had put a MKVI on order, but the whole time i had my A4 i kept randomly ending up at Nissan dealerships about 5 times looking at the z, and then the sales folks that i had done business w/ messed up i canceled the order and ordered my Z.

I had 20 days of electrical issues on the A4, so i think the sales department saved me so far from a headache. But i will go back, after the Z is payed off, maybe a CPO S4, i really like the cars, and i miss driving one, but i do not miss the headaches.

That my history with vw/audi, im not trying to steer you away, im just trying to tell you what may lie ahead, also not all cars are as bad as mine were, i just always got that crappy build day of the week or what ever.

APR does amazing work, when i had my MKV @ STG 2+ it was honestly almost to much for the front wheels, paired with V3's, sways, motor mounts, and ps2's it was an animal. for a 4 banger, i miss the fuel economy of it but i enjoy the Z too much to care.