View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 07:51 PM   #60 (permalink)
sucasa
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z
sucasa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtrat View Post
I bought the 96 month 120,000 mile Gold Preferred warranty. So far I must say I'm not impressed with this dealers customer service. I call them for some additional information and they answered my questions but seemed like they could care a less if they sold me this $1800 warranty or not. Also the person I spoke to didn't really seem that well informed. I told him my car was 3 weeks old and had 450 miles on it and I asked if it needed an inspection and he said no. After I buy the warranty online I get an automated EMAIL from them saying that ALL cars must have an inspection with NO EXCEPTIONS. I EMAIL them about this and 24 hours later still no response. Also asked about getting a refund on the warranty if I never used it and he said that it's Nissans policy to not refund warrantys. I know this is partially untrue because I do beleive at the very least I have a certain number of days after I purchase the warranty to back out of it. I know with my Toyota warranty I was able to get a prorated refund on the unused portion even after a couple years into it.

You can back out of a warranty.. That is a fact. Once you buy a warranty, then, your paperwork will be mailed to you. You have 15 days to sign and return to it. I am pretty sure, if you don't return the paperwork, they will void the contract and return your money. Because, the warranty is not in effect until they receive the signed paperwork and tell Nissan USA to activate it. So, you can definitely tell them, no thanks, refund my money.

Even if you do purchase the warranty w/ the signed paperwork, you should be able to cancel the warranty. Ask them specifically where in the contract or website it states, they are non-refundable.
sucasa is offline   Reply With Quote