View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 02:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
Phimosis
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 911 4S
Phimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
The change in handling is probably more to do with the change in spring rate than anything else. I doubt that the rear camber change would adversely alter an understeer situation unless you had increased rear camber to the point that it reduced rear traction.
What I'm getting at is that my front went from stock -1.6 camber to -2.0 after lowering. The spring rate and damping rate affect body roll, which somewhat affects understeer, but just going to more negative camber will preent you from rolling over the edge of your tire, thus giving more front grip and reducing understeer.
Phimosis is offline   Reply With Quote