View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 03:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelo929 View Post
So my altima coupe I used to own was crashed thankfully it was competely paid off so now my insurance check comes in and I'm in a pickle as to what to buy.. I went to test drive a 6 speed GTI today and really liked the car overall. Car was pretty loaded had touch screen naviagtion, leather seats, sound system, sunroof, etc. I have been changing the car I want lately way too much. Thought about a 2010 mustang gt also since I found one for 22k but parents insist to buy something else (resale value). Z was an option but insurance is too high (600/month). what other options would you guys recommend for the 30k max price? Sorry 'bout the rant
$600/mo?

I used to live in McAllen, TX.

Insurance is dirt cheap there. What have you done to incur such costs!?

Anyway, check out a used 370Z. Since you are already used to Nissans, I think you would find the Z a step up from the Altima and love it.

If the used 370Z won't fly, then a used corvette ('vette insurance is cheap). I would recommend against an E46 M3 because of the high cost of ownership now that it's out of warranty/has no "free service" program. The 'vette would be the cheapest car to own I think because of its reliability and low parts/labor cost to work on, and the fact that you can do a lot of stuff yourself on those.

C5 'vettes (especially the C5Z's) I think are about near the "bottom" of their depreciation curve right now. Resale should be great as long as you keep the car in good shape. I don't see them dropping much further simply because of all they offer performance/style/image-wise.

Last edited by ImportConvert; 01-19-2011 at 03:26 AM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote