View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 10:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Zpoint
Base Member

Drives: Scion tC
Zpoint is on a distinguished road
Default No Luck Ordering a White 370Z

So here's the deal. Last Summer I start test driving new cars, hoping to find something that grabs me. I thought it would be the new Evo X or the BMW 135i. Neither one excited me enough so I checked out the 350z nearby. I was pleasantly surprised but it still wasn't enough so I decided to wait. Shortly thereafter, I hear about a pending redesign so I held off on any decisions. Several months later I saw the unveiling of the new 370z and I was hooked!

Fast forward to February of this year. I went to a very reputable dealership and told a very friendly sales guy that this is the car that I want. Rather than trying to sell me one of the cars that they had on the lot, he said that they could use one of their allocations and order my car. Sweet! I came back a few weeks later on March 6th and got the paper work rolling (with a deposit). I was told that it would arrive sometime in early June but I did not want to pick it up until July 1st due to my financial plans.

I stopped by said dealer at the end of May because I had heard zilch from them. The sales guy said that he was just getting ready to call me (oh no...). It turns out that they were not allowed to order any cars back in March (after he pressured me that I "had to do it now"). Since Nissan was cutting production, new orders were impossible and they were just getting their allocations. He said not to worry as they were going to grab one of the cars from the port in a couple of weeks and that he will let me know. He felt confident that the car would be available in port around the first week of June and that it would be here before the end of the month.

So I received a call yesterday. The sales guy tells me that they are having no luck finding the car that I want in port and wanted to know if I would take anything else. I told him no and that I had my heart set on a white 370z 6sp + touring + nav + kickplate + mudflaps +carpets for many months back when I ordered. He was going to see what he could do. Honestly I think they will have little luck finding the car I want and are probably hoping that it shows up in the coming year.

So here I am just 16 days from when I had dreamed of owning a 370z after a long 8+ months. I really have my heart set on a white model, 6 speed with all of the options. I also want to use the VPP that I qualify for. I wish I knew that the order was going to fall through as I would have tried very hard to order it elsewhere, if the story they told me was a lie (other orders are coming though, right?)

I guess my options at this point are to go to the other local dealers and see if they can locate the car I want. I'm thinking that at this point, it may take another month at least and I may have to quite possibly either settle for a different car, drive one back from some distance away or keep waiting
Zpoint is offline   Reply With Quote