View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 11:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25
Default Need some help...radiator fans

I recently had my radiator core and fans replaced, and I've noticed that I haven't seen either of the fans running since the replacement. It's at or below freezing here in Chicago, so it may just not be tripping the thermostat to turn them on. However, I swear at least one of them always ran and the second always came on with the AC compressor regardless of the ambient temps. My concern is the mechanic didn't hook something up correctly.

Can a few of you guys in both warm and cold ambient temps comment on what your radiator fans are doing? I'd like to know the ambient temp, which fan(s) is running, and if the AC compressor is on or off in each situation (light for AC illuminated or dark in the center of the left climate control dial).

Thanks in advance.