View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 02:20 PM   #17 (permalink)
ZedZed
Base Member

Drives: nothing
ZedZed is on a distinguished road

It's my car.

The car aqua planned and did a 180° spin. VDC was on but couldn't save me as I was doing 110KPH (not MPH but KPH). I released the accelerator when seeing the water on the dual carriageway but the back came out and there was nothing I could do to keep it from spinning. I hit the crash barrier and then a lamp post. When I exited the car, it was on the front wheels on top of the crash barrier.

I'm not the sort to drive crazy or show off on the roads and I still can't explain why this happened to me. It was +5° when I was driving and the conditions were alright. VDC was on as I never turned it off.

I would like to point out that the car had previously fishtailed when I pressed lightly on the accelerator on a damp road surface but the VDC kicked in and managed to put the car straight.

I was alone in the car and even though I thought I was going to die the airbags saved me and I wasn't hurt at all apart from a light burn on the hand from the airbag depleting. I didn't hit anyone else, thank god!

I am fully insured and will be getting myself an Audi A3 S line instead of another Z. Once bitten, twice shy as they say.

By the way, thanks buddy, cause I didn't have pictures taken of the wreck, I'll keep them.
ZedZed is offline   Reply With Quote