Thread: Nismo intake
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 09:27 PM   #29 (permalink)
Modshack
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Sport
Modshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endgame View Post
^ O.K.... O.K. So do the heat sheilds REALLY work? Not being a pessimist, just very curious as I am SERIOUSLY considering adding this to my part list.
Most short ram heat shields I've seen on ths car only seem to be positioned to reflect radiant heat from the radiator core area. Just a piece of bent aluminum essentially. The hot radiator is really just one source of heat. Most of the air ingested will be hot underhood temperatures that the heat shields have no affect on. The only way to truly protect from this is to build a full box that seals against the hood and allows only air in from the front bulkhead holes (like the stock system) ..or move the filters outside of the engine bay like the Stillen Version 3.

I'm working on a bit of a short ram Hybrid that uses a fully integrated, insulated heat shield around the filters. These will be fed from a cold air feed hose from the fang opening. More when I get these on the car..

Steal my car! (SOLD)...Now Porsche Cayman S
Oil Cooler DIY: Here!

Last edited by Modshack; 06-12-2009 at 09:55 PM.
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote