View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 10:55 AM   #27 (permalink)
AP - Chris_B
Base Member

Drives: Many
AP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisjb View Post
Chris, regarding the addition of more relative clamping force in the rear - makes a lot of sense with ABS off, but given this car's tendency to go into ABS "ice mode" (IMO typically set off by rear wheels) I wonder if the factory has the right idea? That's why I ended up switching to a more conservative compound on rears... My preference would be to go back to a stronger rear compound so I could use brakes to induce a little rotation, but it's just not worth the hazard of 'ice mode'... another approach that I am considering is to just leave the damned ABS off for good... thoughts?
I understand your concern. We are attempting to work with Nissan to help understand what is going on with the ABS. We've recorded some interesting data that shows some things they may or may not be aware of. It's not earth-shattering, but there is a little room for improvement. Hopefully, progress can be made, although I have no idea if they will adjust anything or whether they will change vehicles already in the field. That costs money!

If it were my car, I would not track with the ABS on. But you do what is right for you. As I'm sure you know, initial turn-in can be tuned by means other than brakes, such as tire pressures, damper settings, Ackerman, etc.
AP - Chris_B is offline   Reply With Quote