View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 10:45 AM   #10 (permalink)
Flojo
Base Member

Drives: Nissan 370 Gray M6
Flojo is on a distinguished road

Ok sounds like your really interested. I've done 7 events with my Z, so this is what you need.

1-Join the NASA Northeast club $45 and register for an event $250-$350. We are not racing for points or money and is not timed. HPDE is High Performance Driving Education and is covered by many auto insurances if something happens, additional insurance is also available at the track, its not expensive. Beginners will join HPDE-1 Green Group. This group will have instructor in the car with you to teach and keep you out of trouble. You will have 4 runs for the day and they last 20-30 min. each depending on the track. Trust me this will wear you down by the end of the day it's not the 1 min. autocross run.
2- SA 2005 or newer Helmet. You can rent at the event if you do not have one for $20
3- For now regular cloths. You can get Race suits later on. Long pants, long sleeve shirt (cotton) and sneakers.
4- Car # decal 10 inches tall. You can buy at the event for $1 a decal. Pick a car # when you join.
5- Leave unnecessary items home . Car will go through tech inspection and must not have any loose items in the car including spear tire. Everyone will get a pit stall to park and leave loose items .
6- Pack a lunch, some tracks have concession stands. Lots of water, the adrenaline will dehydrate you. Pack some tools, air pump and tire gauge.
I fit everything in a duffel bag and it fits in the hatch.
7- Start off slow, ask other members questions, we all started the same way. We will show you the rope.

I will be at 4 or 5 events this year Lime rock, Pocono and New Jersey. I can meet up with you if you like, 2009 Nismo grey # 73. Don't forget the referral for the free track day.

THANKS
HOPE TO SEE YOU AT THE TRACK
Flojo is offline   Reply With Quote