View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 11:31 PM   #198 (permalink)
Nitrouz
Track Member

Drives: 40th Z, GTR, 420z-tt
Nitrouz has a spectacular aura aboutNitrouz has a spectacular aura aboutNitrouz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpathfinder View Post
Ha ha, I'm sure Vancouver streets are better than Edmonton streets. I have a 3/4" front drop and 1/2" rear, and I scrape more often than I like, and I'm pretty careful.

So, what was it like to have Lambo doors on your old 350Z? What did you like about that style door, and what did you not like about them? Any special considerations to consider (e.g. caution with underground parking with ceilings less than x feet of height)?
That's weird I have about double your drop, and my camber is more in spec...

Lambo Doors? It was just a ricer kid fantasy I've had and needed to get out of my system. Popped the cherry, and I'm good now. Never again lol. It was fun for the first month though. After that, I don't bother lifting it up anymore...just open and shut. The doors you have to open normally until about 30 degrees, then you push up to lift the hydraulics. I just open to the 30 degree mark and close normally after a month. It doesn't raise that high that you have to worry about where you park. But it chews up your door inner panel though, as the guide pin isn't always fluid or accurate.