View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 05:13 AM   #65 (permalink)
Satheian
Base Member

Drives: Genesis Coupe
Satheian is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Anamoly, first I just want to thank you for sharing this information, I have a similar issue on my custom exhaust for my 2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0t (currently 380whp)

I have a 3in turbo back exhaust going to a Summit Turbo Style Muffler with one 3in inlet and two 3in outlets, with two 2.5 pipes going to a quad tip exhaust for the 'fake' dual exhaust look (because our bumper has the dual cutouts anyways and it just looks better being symmetrical IMO)

Anyways.. I also have a drone from about 1800-2400rpm depening on speed/gear/etc. and no way of measuring the resonance, I'm hoping you could give me a rough ball park of pipe length/diameter to start tuning with, after reading this whole thread, I'm thinking maybe 36-40 would be a decent starting point, do you agree?
For the diameter, it looked like you were recommending 2.25 for guys with 2.5in exhaust, was that accurate?

Also, you said between the muffler and tips, for me that is about a 2ft distance front to rear, but nearly 3ft of actual piping due to bends, does it matter where along this area the pipes are fitted, will it make any difference at all?

And one last thought.. Does the pipe have to be capped, or could you simply weld a pipe connecting the L and R tips together, I'm sure I have seen a setup like that before, but I have no idea where or if this was it's intended purpose, but it seems like it might accomplish the same thing?

Thanks again!
Satheian is offline   Reply With Quote