Thread: Malibu cruise
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 12:31 AM   #1297 (permalink)
djamalt
Base Member

Drives: 09 - 370Z S - Black
djamalt will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by XwChriswX View Post
Usually its the Motorcyclists that are the biggest douches... I don't know of any of our guys who do this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by christian370z View Post
I hate generalizing but motorcyclists are tied as the worst of all motorists period. Lane splitting at 30+mph in dead locked traffic on 405, driving through canyons like they own the road and generally acting like they are above the law. The only people who come close are the nincompoops texting or reading stuff while driving. Ugh... (/rant)
Wow you guys really do hate us huh? I don't mean to cause a ruckus by standing up for my bruhs, but to be fair, the VAST MAJORITY of bikers do not lane split beyond the legal limit and do keep to our lanes in the canyons. That being said, I've been buzzed by SQUID bikers while I myself was lane-splitting on the freeway and also while leaning through turns in the canyons. So I'm well aware that there are jackholes out there - who I'd love to catch alone in an alley with no security cameras... And not to pick "sides," but I've almost been hit on more than one occassion by dumbass drivers (usually Mustangs or various Subarus for some reason) who have come way over into my lane in a turn while canyoning on my motorcycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncheung85 View Post
I haven't gone into limp mode yet. The max temp I have seen is 250 during these runs. I stay mostly in 3rd and 4th gear.
I've taken the 370Z into the canyons many times kissing temps of just under 260 without hitting limp mode. In fact, I have only hit limp mode once, and that time was in normal traffic merging from Fairfax onto the 10. That experience was aggravating enough for me to opt for an oil cooler though. All that aside, I'm pretty sure one will not be needed for this run at this time of year.

And - GIGGIDY - to that technical route...

See you folks there in the AM