View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 11:53 AM   #16 (permalink)
phelan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Scoobaroo
phelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuperman 370 View Post
oh yes now i can see, so what y pipe did you run does it matter which one i use? what other mods did you combine with the amuse? and how does the system sound in real i know the videos dont do it justice
FI HFCs and the amuse y-pipe. It doesn't really matter which one you use as long as the piping is bigger than the stock Y-pipe. the stock one is so small it restricts a lot of flow, which means that single 3" pipe on the amuse exhaust does basically nothing. depends on your budget, there are plenty of options. tanabe is one that i know off the top of my head. others are mine's, fujitsubo, mcr...if you want a JDM part.

actually, you'll probably be mostly looking at jdm companies, as most american and other companies go for a full catback system with an x-pipe or different configuration. jdm ones for some reason still like the y-pipe.

other than that, the exhaust from what i remember sounded pretty good, no drone, you'll get used to the backpressure 'hiss' that all aftermarket exhausts make. The amuse systems seem to have a louder hiss than other ones in the cabin.

btw zuperman, if you want vids of hfcs + the exhaust (with stock y-pipe) go to my old review thread:
Amuse R1 Titan Extra STTI Exhaust - Review (pics/vids/dyno)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37sHKS View Post
Oh phelan your car sounds great on that video b4 and after.. why did you sold that exhaust??
i didn't sell it. it's just off the car right now because it was damaging the fuel system. see my journal for an explanation, but i've got a temporary exhaust on until i can get the amuse exhaust back on. trust me, i really want my amuse exhaust back on the car.

phelan's 370Z (W.I.P.)

you know what...just for fun i think later on i'm going to take a video of my current exhaust. it's hilariously loud.

Last edited by phelan; 01-14-2011 at 11:57 AM.
phelan is offline   Reply With Quote