View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 11:41 AM   #14 (permalink)
Cell
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garbage Truck
Cell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana29 View Post
What vehicle were u driving before where having a 370z nismo brings down ur insurance?
I drove a 04 rsx-s.

I was surprised myself too. My insurance dropped about 10% from my old car. I questioned it with my insurance company and they told me that the 370z was more safe than compared to the rsx-s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludeakris7 View Post
I live in the Philadelphia area and over the past year I see 1 or 2 pop-up at any given time locally, however I tend to see more pop-up in north Jersey and NYC which is only about an hour and a half from me. So if I'm patient a good deal should come around. So it seems the reality is you can get them at 37Kish but add tax tags etc..your a little below or at 40K.

Another question....I'm have an 01 Prelude that is in excellent condition for being 10 years old and only has 75K mileage, is it to your benefit when it comes to negotiations to trade your car to the dealer for less than you would get on a private sale? Meaning, since you are giving them your car for less money, they are going to make some profit on your car..instead of just paying all cash down. Logic being that they are more willing to go lower on price knowing that they can make that up on the resale of the trade-in.

2001 Honda Prelude (Kelley Blue Book) 5-Speed, Base VTEC, 75K, sunroof, spoiler. No 10 year old car is in Excellent condition so lets say "Good"
"Good" Condition Trade-In -6,700
"Good" Private Party-8,070
"Good" Suggested Retail-10,170

So lets say realistically they can make 2500-3000 on my trade in compared to just whatever over invoice we make a deal at. Honestly the car has been well maintained and I have kept it stock aside from coilovers and aftermarket rims (still have the original premium 16's). So for them to turn around and sell it wouldn't cost much. The reality is that I would have to get to a price point that would recover the difference between 6700 and 8070 in the negotiation.

Curious if anyone else has pondered this decision or had this work to their benefit.
Trading in will save you a ton of time and hassle. You will have to deal with tons of low ballers and meeting tons of people that will test drive your car and never buy it.

When you trade in your car, you should be able to lower your taxed amount too. At least in the state of IL we can. I am not sure about your state.

As for your trade in, expect 6k for it or less. If you can negotiate for them to give you 7k then you may be lucky. My 04 RSX-S, they wanted 6k for it. I ended up getting 8k for it. The car wasn't in perfect condition considering it was parked outside for it's entire life.

Last edited by Cell; 01-14-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Cell is offline   Reply With Quote