View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 09:54 AM   #14 (permalink)
Spencer@Z1
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370Z track rat
Spencer@Z1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q8y_drifter View Post
Z1, do you make those hoses that connect to the intake sound baffles for the HR?
Hi guys,

Just thought I would chime in and try to help answer some of these questions.

Regarding Z1 silicone side pcv hoses, if you have an aftermarket intake that has the built on nipple for that port like most do, then yes they will fit.

For the waterline hoses, we do not currently have any formed hoses. It is our recomendation to bypass the throttle body coolant lines.
We use a reinforced bulk silicone for this application and we pull the nipples out of the throttle bodies to clean up the engine bay, and keep the IAT cooler.

If you are not living in the artic, and don't have to worry about throttle bodies freezing, we recommend you do this. We have been doing waterline bypasses for years with no reported problems on other Z/G models and recently on 370Z's.

Also we offer the bulk hose in 6.5mm and 8mm I.D. and both will work for this application. Personally though I prefer the 6.5mm, it is a little bit harder to work with, but it also has a smaller O.D. and I think it looks a little cleaner.

I recommend picking up a can of silicone spray. It is the best lubricant when working with any silicone or rubber hoses, it is extremely slick, and dries quickly leaving little to no residue.

I appreciate you guys bringing this up because this bulk hose was not listed in your section of our site, but it is now and you can find it HERE

Spencer
Spencer@Z1 is offline   Reply With Quote