View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 09:17 AM   #29 (permalink)
FricFrac
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 300ZX 280ZX 240
FricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to FricFrac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jginnane View Post
True! Bose w/ touring claims to have "two subwoofers". These are actually 4" cones in the spare tire well.

If you play music with deep bass, you'll notice the whole bottom is missing. I don't think these speakers go below 1 kHz. (A good home theatre can go down to 10, 12 Hz ... an average home system down to 50 - 100 Hz. Even Radio Shack cheap shiite s/b good down to 200-500 Hz or so. So, to have the bottom at 1000 Hz is to say you're buying the quality of an AM table radio, basically. Yay Bose!)

OTOH, you can easily remedy the problems of a lousy car audio with your own iPod, Zune, or other device with earbuds.
1 KHz - I don't think so.... while 100Hz may be a bit of a reach it is way closer to 100 Hz than 1 KHz....

They may be two 4" cones but they are not 4" cones hanging in free space - they actually sound quite good and deep for the physical dimensions of the cones.... the actual complete sub is proably 12 inches across...

These are by no means a replacement for a speaker like a JL sub in a ported enclosure, etc but they are quite decent for a stock system. Have you listened to them yet or are you assuming based on their specs? I just confused where you get 1 KHz from - thats in the normal vocal ranage...
FricFrac is offline   Reply With Quote