View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 05:18 PM   #83 (permalink)
Shamu
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Racecar
Shamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashburn View Post
Z: ~3250 lbs
Mustang GT: ~3600 lbs
Camaro SS: ~3900 lbs
Challenger: ~3850 lbs

A bit more than a couple (unless you are a pretty freaky, and we all know you are m4a1, ).

Not trying to slam the Mustang, as I do like it (as I've already stated in other threads), just pointing out the weight differences I found when I googled for them.

Weight be damned, I still want the Boss 302.
I was considering the Boss 302. I know guy who did suspension development on the car and it is the best Mustang to come along in awhile! However the Nismo 370Z is just a more compelling car to me. Still smaller, still lighter, more agile, lower center of gravity, more aero, sleeker looking, more efficient design, etc. However 444 Boss 302 HP from high reving aluminum V8 is hard to ignore! Boss is an M3 beater if I have ever seen one. I'd love to a see Best of Motor video with a Japanese driver behind the wheel of the new Boss 302 with some JDM cars on one of those 5 lap races. Boss would smoke most cars in the straights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6gRBMt3U7U

Camaro is way too heavy and styling is still too "Transformers" for me! I'd feel really goofy driving one too. There is just something about modern era Chevy muscle cars that doesnt click with me. I loved the Z28 from the late 60's but they just look odd now.
Shamu is offline   Reply With Quote