View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 01:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Skeeterbop
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 GM 370 base SP
Skeeterbop is a splendid one to beholdSkeeterbop is a splendid one to beholdSkeeterbop is a splendid one to beholdSkeeterbop is a splendid one to beholdSkeeterbop is a splendid one to beholdSkeeterbop is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino View Post
Congratulation on this marvels BBK. You got one of the best. if not the best.

I don't think cross-drilled are for looks. I think that cold air inter the vent in between the disk,and hot air exits the disk throe the holes. and i also think it's good for wet weather. their lighter too.

cross-drilled also have their down side. they crack.

I don't really want to turn this into a debate. but i searched and found this nice write up Cross Drilled VS Slotted Rotors

Valantino

Corect me if I'm wrong, but I could have sworn that the original purpose of the slotted and cross drilled rotors was originally to help with degassing. Back in the day when the pads would heat up the slots and holes would give the gas from the pads somewhere to escape which helped prevent a decrease in breaking performance. Also from what I've been reading, is that the slots still help keep pads clean, but the original reason of the slots and hole isn't really needed with pretty much any street pad any more and would generally be for looks more than anything else. Again I could be wrong and if so feel free to correct me. Also I'm assuming that since these fit the sport package equipped 370 it will also fit the NISMO model as well.

Last edited by Skeeterbop; 01-13-2011 at 01:11 PM.
Skeeterbop is offline   Reply With Quote