View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 03:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
bullitt5897
Premium Member

Drives: Twin Turbo Z34
bullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh_334 View Post
is this better? Or would you be more willing to believe my expert knowledge if i charged you an ungodly amount for it?
The prices forged quoted is about right for hourly work done. However, 3.5 hours for a bolt on intake and 2.5 hours on a bolt on cat back exhaust and 1.5 hours on a cat converter is ridiculous. I am going on the pic as quoted. It took me 45 mins on the street to pull my stock exhaust and install the GTM 3" adding cats is tricky and takes about an hour for an experienced tech. Intakes on the other hand is like a 30min deal... That being said the guys at forged performance take their time... that can be seen as a good thing and a bad thing. Honestly, I would rather do it myself then pay $105/hr for them to milk the time to get it done. This is where they make their profit just like if a dealership was doing the work... charge you $700 for an install and really only be paying the tech $120 or so to do the work. I would prefer if the OP take their car elsewhere. Their car will be safer in the long run and they will get a better deal.

Literally any shop with the right tools, competent techs and a lift can do the HFC's and exhaust in 3 hrs (ben had his done in this time not at forged). Intake is the easiest install you can do on this car for performance parts. I would say max 1 hour of labor. overall you should have 4 hours of labor and about a $400 bill NOT $695!!!! Forged Performance is over priced from this bill and from my past experience... I was given a bait and switch but I will not go into that. Be careful and READ the fine print!!!! Check out Z1 much better service and pricing
Shop Cars: 2013 318whp Nismo VspecII 370z *SOLD*, 2009 1000hp+ 93oct 4.0L TT 370z Fast Intentions STAGE 4 #054