View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 02:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
israel7
Base Member

Drives: 2010 BS NISMO #0489
israel7 is on a distinguished road
Default single or dual pipes?

im looking at getting an upgraded exhaust for my nismo but am rather stuck. i was looking at the hks but my main concern is a true dual set-up. a few years ago i read that anything smaller than a v8 will benefit best from a single pipe. my fear is if only it is 1 pipe per 3 cylinders i will be losing power, unless of course the pipe diameter is small. i would rather have everything flow in one main pipe and keep the pressure up, as i also read the bigger the pipe the less pressure, thus losing power.

i have seen many different dynos on true dual systems that clearly show an hp/tq increase, but could a better increase come from a single pipe set-up? i was researching powerhouse amuse and see that they offer both their nismo systems as a true dual and another as on single pipe. i am wondering if both will yeild the same results from power gains and that it just comes down to preference.

to be honest i am really considering getting the amuse nismo system, the dual mid-pipe then have it enter thier single pipe muffler system. another option i will heavily consider as well is just getting their regular mid-pipe and the r1 system (im a big believer in single exit exhausts rather than dual, unless its a v8) i know another user purchased it awhile back and i thought it looked different than the typical dual exists.

again, i have seen many dynos with true dual that yield awesome results, and i could be wrong with what i read a few years back, so if anyone can help me with this i'll be greatly appreciative.

one last thing, i am looking at weight savings too, so i would prefer less piping under my car, but im just curious about everyone's opinions about true dual vs single pipe.
israel7 is offline   Reply With Quote