View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 01:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
cujo
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z Roadster
cujo is on a distinguished road
Default Fast Intenstions Installed on my roadster

Hi Everyone,
I know, I know,… lots of review on the FI system already, but I can justify this threat…I have seen lots of review of the FI system on the coupe but none one the roadster so here it is… Got the giant box at my front door last Wednesday. Tony told me earlier not to worry because he’s going to pack it very tight...and he did. It took me about 20 minutes trying to remove all these bubble wraps. Each and every single pipe was wrapped as like he was wrapping the Mona Lisa to ship across the world…and here I am just about 300miles from Tony (I’m in N. Cal). Not only making sure the pipes are safe under bubble-wraps, FI also added extra panels to cushion those joints that will take the most beating from the UPS truck. After the wife and kids have gone to sleep, I finally get the chance to adore the craftsmanship from FI. It’s indeed has an artistic quality of the Mona Lisa and the tight built tolerance from the FI team. The two polished main pipes have no signs of being handled, no prints or smudges. The shine is almost comparable to my nickel plated Colt 45 gold cup. I’m amazed with the welding quality on these pipes. How is it humanly possible to have such perfect welding? Is it done robotically? Trust me guys, I have researched for a perfect system for a long time, and have seem many so many varieties out there that called themselves “custom made”, none have the tight build-tolerance as what I’ve seen on the FI system. It seems Tony got the design down perfectly, with right number of nuts and bolts on the right places. I appreciate how the main pipes are connected to the resonance using 3-bolt system instead of 2. This will definitely helps to provide support and strength to the main pipes. Also, the bends on those pipes are just difficult to explain. The look-and-feel is so smooth, clean, and professional. Because of these reasons, I would give FI a 10 in the craftsmanship and built quality. For customer service, I would give Tony 10. He has gone above and beyond to inform and guide me to make the right decision on which system I should get based on my daily driving stile…and I’m extremely happy with what he had recommended. After shipping out my system, Tony realized that he forgot to include the 2 Cat gaskets that I wanted to purchase with my order. He immediate shipped them the next day and told me that he won’t charge me a penny for it. Wow! How cool is that? Installation took place after work on Thursday night for about 3.5 hours. I spent 60% of time to jack the car and remove the stock pipes and just 40% to install. The installation process was flawless. The system fits my car like hand-and-glove. The tips look SWEEEET, sticking out just right…not more…no less. I definitely will give Tony 10 out of 10 for the tight built tolerance and ease of installation. Finally, let’s talk about main topic, the sound quality. I’m sure many of us have already seen many the FI videos but you have to hear it to believe it. It’s very hard to describe, but the sound is so exotic and addicting to listen to. It’s definitely a 10 for sound quality in my book.
http://www.the370z.com/members/cujo-...-dsc-5492.html
http://www.the370z.com/members/cujo-...-dsc-5492.html

Last edited by cujo; 01-12-2011 at 09:28 PM.
cujo is offline   Reply With Quote