View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 01:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
'10Anamoly
Track Member

Drives: 2010 370Z BS M6
'10Anamoly is a glorious beacon of light'10Anamoly is a glorious beacon of light'10Anamoly is a glorious beacon of light'10Anamoly is a glorious beacon of light'10Anamoly is a glorious beacon of light

1) I did not disparage you, just posted your quote. It is funny that the quote you gave has a consensus of overcharging customers which in of itself disparages you on its own terms.

2) See picture for several offerings of this exhaust at the $1900-$2000 quote if you do not believe me. Nobody sells for MSRP when the profit margin is large enough unless they are trying to oust big money from new customers.

3) Overcharging customers is not a good way to pay your workers well, although the 2nd part is a good idea. Try courting the business with good deals and you can have the best of both worlds when your customers tell others about your ethical business practices and rates. This is not a reference to another shop but a business strategy in general (take notes?).

4) I helped put a set of intakes on with full protection myself (amongst others who have done the same in similar timeframes) at 2 hours flat taking my time, WITHOUT a lift. So the best workers cant do this in less than that, with a lift and professional tools and help, with full attention to protecting a customer's car? The bumper on the 370Z unlike the 350 is EASY to take off, takes 10 min max. Other shops also do this in the same amount of time, often installing powdercoated versions which require even more attention to detail to avoid scratches.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a.JPG (67.0 KB, 26 views)

374rwhp, 360rwtq SAE / GT500 Axle-Backs / Brembo Pack / Track Pack / Recaros / 6spd

Last edited by '10Anamoly; 01-12-2011 at 01:48 PM.