View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 01:22 AM   #88 (permalink)
Xrico
Base Member

Drives: Z370
Xrico is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC Guy View Post
Last month I had the $1300 setrab oil cooler set up installed by Cherry Hill Nissan of NJ. I took my Z to the track for the first time this past October (before the oil cooler). Air temperature was in the low 70s then, and the oil temp went about 260 for my last two 20 minute runs at NJ Motorsports Park - Lightning course. No limp mode, thank goodness, and was able to drive home fine. It was nerve racking thinking the car was going to shut down at any moment. There was no way the car would make it back to the track without an oil cooler.

I took it to the track recently for 2 days with air temperature in the mid 80s. This time on the Thunderbolt at NJ Motorsports Park. Oil temp highs were around 200, maybe 210. Normal and spirited driving keeps it at 180. Long story short, this was the best first mod for me to do. I am pleased with it so far. The only thing remotely negative is that the outside air temp reads incorrectly high. Perhaps that thermometer is obstructed by the cooler. It isn't a big deal to me though.
Hi AC Guy, Which oil cooler did you install. The 19 or 25 row stillen.
Thanks
Xrico is offline   Reply With Quote