View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 08:58 PM   #68 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

DALLAS DEALERS ARE FULL OF GIMMICKS.

Before I bought the G I was shopping a 370z. My experiences were pretty bad trying to buy a Z. Pretty much all dealers load up the lots with NISMO and converibles. Pretty much those Z's are the years supply cuz those are the models that sell the slowest. Then they put 3 non sport coupes. 2 with manual one with automatic. The color options will be black white and grey. Then they throw in one touring sport coupe in manual at msrp.
They do this cuz they are hoping you will be interested in a AUTOMATIC with sporty color and sport package. That way they can order it and feed you a bunch of bullcrap about exclusivity and charges it may cost to get your car in if you want it in less than two months. Its a transparent anal ream they do on all customers here in dallas.
It was this cornball style of selling that made me walk into an infiniti dealership and see what was up?. I lucked out on a big year end sale and got the fully loaded S 7at 40k out the door. The touring sport was going to cost me 44k out the door. The G was a better buy in my opinion at the time. Though I do appreciate the performance of the Z. The dealers act like its the end all be all of sports cars. Truth is... as much as I love the Z, its not. At 40k plus, there are formidable options. Especially when you are modding.
I learned you need to buy at year end or the day the car arrives on the lot. Its the only time they are motivated to sell. The rest of. The year its rapefest.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote