Thread: iPhone and 370Z
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 01:50 AM   #22 (permalink)
ocfoilist
Base Member

Drives: 09 Blue 6m 370zT/S/N
ocfoilist is on a distinguished road

No major problems with the 370/iPhone 3G linkage. Overall, it works quite well in terms of handing control back and forth between the phone and the head unit.

However, it is slightly annoying that you can't transfer your phone book. I'm not sure it's entirely fair to blame Nissan for that, however, given that Apple is rather restrictive about head unit interfaces.

The other annoyance is the muted/muffled sound that people say I sound like while on bluetooth. It's not too bad driving slowly in areas that don't generate a lot of tire roar, but I get a lot of complains about sound quality at highway speeds. Even cranked up to full volume, I often have trouble making out exactly what people are saying. I'm hoping that the new iPhone firmware support for stereo bluetooth may help this, but I'm not exactly sure where the weak link is (the iPhone, AT&T or the car's bluetooth)...