Thread: Sony Laptops?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 05:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Anatoray
Track Member

Drives: 09 BLK 370Z
Anatoray is on a distinguished road

My most recent laptop is a Sony Vaio Z series. Back then, in the days of Core 2 Duo and non-HD laptop displays, it was pretty good. It was light weight, had really good battery life, and looked and felt good.

Of all the laptops I've had, I've also noticed the screen itself has the most "neutral" look to it. Most laptops have some kind of coating to enhance contrast and color vibrance, including this one, and it usually has some strange results when compared to regular monitors.

Something to note, however, is I got this laptop 2 years ago. I have noticed that Sony has drastically changed their laptop lineup, and most of the new offerings appear to be made of cheaper materials than the past. Also, Sony's built in bloatware conflicts with iTunes because they use the same library sorting or something. If you do get a Vaio and use itunes, you may have to look up this issue, because it prevents your library from being saved in itunes.

I would avoid Toshiba right now. I got one for my girlfriend for christmas, and it has issues with its wifi. When we looked it up, literally 90% of the posts on the Toshiba forums involved wifi problems.
Anatoray is offline   Reply With Quote