View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 11:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
BanningZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06' Nismo Frontier
BanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieG View Post
...I know the engine is Toyota sourced, so that shouldn't be an issue...
Quote:
Originally Posted by k20z3 View Post
Alot of people may not know, yes its toyota based, but since I had a celica

the engine is a souped up 2zz_Ge (Celica Gt-s engine) Matrix S edition!
I'm a Celica owner as well. The Elise had a 190hp Toyota/ Yamaha engine 2ZZ-GE. Yamaha is key here. This engine was also found in the T-sport which America did not get. The 1zz was not Yamaha based, and was one of the poorest moves Toyota ever made with the Celica. Joint ventures on engines make all the difference.
That's why I think the new AE86 will do well

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRich View Post
Yep, Celica GT-S Engine but mounted in the right place and with a thousand less pounds to haul around. Would have been better with a K20 though.
500lbs not a 1000lbs

The Elise is a fun car but I agree with others before, that thing just beats the hell out of you. That and modding the the suspension is a huge no-no, so that sucks that you have little options there.

MB 06' Nismo VQ40DE

Last edited by BanningZ; 06-10-2009 at 11:51 PM.
BanningZ is offline   Reply With Quote