View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 12:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
370Z Purist
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z-T BS M6
370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by joentown View Post
Prompts a quick note on my experience yesterday in Philly. Only about 1 inch snow on my driveway.

My 370Z was in the garage but i needed to move it onto my driveway to get a signal for my GPS. I backed out so that I was no more than 8 feet onto my driveway.......Trying to go the 8Ft to get back into my garage was a real challenge.

I ended up completely off my drive way (all 4 wheels) onto my front lawn as the car virtually went sideways in the snow. Went down a 1-2ft slope in my lawn and ended up on my neighbor's front lawn.

Top speed was no more than 3-5 mph but the more i tried to advance forward the more I went sideways.

1.5 hours later I made it back into my garage.....unbelievable!!
I was outside for an hour and a half shoveling the 2 inches on my driveway to get in after the crash. The incline is barely 10 degrees. The tires really are terrible on snow. I drive barely once or twice during the winter with the Z, and it just so happened to snow an hour before I left.

"Since one of my brake light bulbs just went out, the forum told me that my piston rings are about to blow."
370Z Purist is offline   Reply With Quote