View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 12:36 AM   #47 (permalink)
Nismoracer
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10 Nismo
Nismoracer is on a distinguished road

Woah slow down. First there are 3 different models of challenger to choose from. Forget about the V6. That's for people who want show and no go for less $$$. The R/T is an excellent car. Dodge did good with its challenger. It is a nice smooth ride and the power is there. It handles great, brakes are good it is a nice car. When you put on a CAI it really opens it up. The hemi motor really comes alive you gain 30hp just from a K&N CAI. Not 10 or 15 but 30. Huge trunk to put whatever you want in it. The R/T is comparable to a 370Z and there are some extra options you can have on the R/T remote start is really cool. It's a big car! I had to put on a custom fab exhaust because at the time when I got my R/T there were none around and I knew what to do with the dodge. Had plenty of 5.7 hemis. IT'S a GREAT CAR! B U T>......... It WAS kinda boring. There really wasn't much excitement as far as driving the car. I think the look was what was appealing so much at first but it is no where near as fun to drive than a 370Z. When I step into my Nismo I want to drive it, when I look at it I want to drive it. The challenger didn't make me want to drive it. Loved the V8 rumble especially with some flowmasters. But it got boring real quick. In the 2 years I owned it I put on less than 4k miles. Chicks really dig it. They don't know what it is but they sure loved it. WAIT. Next years batch will be even better with the new transmission. The one above the R/T is the SRT this year its a 392 even bigger with even more horse power. But that is way more expensive than a 370Z your talkin $45k-$50k. The challenger is a nice car but it was boring. Did not make me excited to drive it. And the MDS feature, great for fuel efficiency clashed with the aftermarket exhaust. Made droning noises when it would drop to 4 cylinders. You have some classic muscle cars that when restored will probably be worth something. The new challenger holds its value pretty good but you're gonna have to wait 30yrs for it to be a classic. Keep the Z and go buy a Kia optima for a back seat, 2nd car, DD what have you. I only mention Kia optima because they look really cool this year and the price is right on them. As a former owner of a challenger.......Great car but it got boring real quick.
Nismoracer is offline   Reply With Quote