View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 07:25 AM   #29 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
What's wrong with a 12.4 at 110? The new challenger is a beast from a dig. You know, kind of like how my 2003 Mustang GT would rape know-it-alls in their LS1s to 60 mph.

Gobble!
I never lost to a GT that wasn't FI (closest I came was being dead even with an '03 GT with LT's, gears, cams, pullies, CAI and tune. We were dead even. If I hit it 1' before he did, I won, and vice versa), then, I only raced one Cobra from a dig as far as mustangs from a dig go, and they were equal with me until we hit second and they spun and I didn't even sqeak a tire. Ford is completely traction-limited and always has been. I hope the BOSS changes all that.

Nothing at ALL is wrong with his 12.4@110, I personally think that is sick, I am just leery of the average joe doing it. I know it's an auto, it just seems like he would have to have a 1.7-1.8 60' to pull down numbers like that, and I have not see many factory automatic RWD cars in that price-range lay down a 1.7-1.8 bone stock. Who knows? Maybe the track was prepped awesome. I heard NO sqeak on the shifts.

*Back when the '05 GT came out, my dealership was one of the first in town to get one. Of course, we did things with it that we probably shouldn't have (nothing crazy like powerslides or anything, just a bit of a romp). When we hit 2nd gear, it left about 5' of rubber. I was shocked that it was so traction limited. Ford put 235's Pirelli's that were M&S rated. A completely unforgivable mistake in my opinion.

Gobble gobble?

Last edited by ImportConvert; 01-08-2011 at 07:29 AM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote