View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 06:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
didymus
Track Member

Drives: 280 / 370Z
didymus has a reputation beyond reputedidymus has a reputation beyond reputedidymus has a reputation beyond reputedidymus has a reputation beyond reputedidymus has a reputation beyond reputedidymus has a reputation beyond reputedidymus has a reputation beyond reputedidymus has a reputation beyond reputedidymus has a reputation beyond reputedidymus has a reputation beyond reputedidymus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhines View Post
LOL... I built a V8 Datsun 240Z track car because it is freaking SCARY FAST!

I instruct with several groups and I have driven just about everything including all out hot laps in several GTRs. I even yacked in a GTR with an inexperienced driver pushing it too hard. The fact I'm still alive after that is a testament to that car's unique abilities.

Anyway,
When I finally completed the Datsun; my wife commented that I could have bought a brand new Nissan Z, paid it off completely with interest and driven it the entire time it took me to build up the race car... and it still would have been cheaper.

I'll keep my BMW M3 for streetable track duty, the glorious Datsun is all race all the time and the most thrilling beast I have ever had my gloves on.
Pics?
didymus is offline   Reply With Quote