View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 11:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
CERBERUSlucid
Base Member

Drives: 40th Anniversary 370
CERBERUSlucid will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck@Z1 View Post
CERBERUSlucid,
Glad you asked about the brake booster hose. On the 370Z the hose that we have in silicone can be simply replaced without any problems.
There is a check valve in the brake booster system to ensure your brakes work even when the car is not producing a vaccum but on the 370Z that valve is in a hidden hose different from the one being replaced and makes it extremely simple.

Other Z models were not so lucky....aka 350Z.

You can find our silicone brake booster hose, in stock, HERE.

The only thing you will need to watch is when installing the new hose be careful not to push the hose too hard or you will be removing the cowl panel to hold the other side of the hose and fish it back through the void. Vaseline is your friend when installing.
I actually just bought all the hoses from you guys!!! along with the Nismo oil filter and red line oil set Shipment was perfect! came on time and very well packed! Your company's hose set is sweet! Just what I was looking for to clean up the bay a little...looks gorgeous with an aftermarket intake system!!! FYI members Z1's hose sets deletes what I believe are those funky sound bafflers along the side of the intake...

All I need now is the small skinny hose that connects to the overflow tank… I cant seem to find it anywhere! Only the upper and lower radiator hoses

Thanks again EVERYONE who helped with the input & thanks Z1 for confirming!
I will post a photo later on today or tonight just for reference and eyecandy