View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 08:21 AM   #30 (permalink)
whoady4shoady
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Silver Nismo
whoady4shoady will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrider View Post
kind of a long story so ill try to make it short, i just got home, 5:38 AM .

I dropped my girlfriend off last night and i walked her to the door, then came back to my car but it doesnt start... I thought the battery in my key fob had died so I inserted the key fob into the the area where you put it when it dies, sorry i dont know the actual term only thing i can think of is fobgina, which i heard from this site haha. anyways that doesnt work so i dont know whats going on. confused i try it over and over again leaving the car unlocking it getting back it, nothing. I know its not the car battery or the key fob anymore because im able to lock and unlock the doors. Then a light comes on my dash, a key symbol and i look it up in the owners manual. It says that something is wrong with the key reading system and that i will not be able to start the car... and to get it towed and repaired immediately.

The tow guy just dropped it off at the dealership. The whole process was a pain in the a** because they werent able to tow it due to my exhaust, but i wont get into that. and i have to call the dealership in the morning... I am absolutely furious and wondering what is wrong with my z
I ran into the same problem last october. I came on here and a few others had run into the problem and recommended i disconnect the battery for a few minutes, and that worked great for me. Did you try that first?
whoady4shoady is offline   Reply With Quote