View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 05:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Shamu
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Racecar
Shamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond repute

I bought my new 2010 Nismo for $36K last week. That was over $4K under MSRP. I had been looking at used Porsche Cayman S and BMW 135i. The Nismo was far better value and the car feels more like a purpose built track going car than any of these other cars.

Clearly the dealers have ability to discount Nismo's a little more than standard models. I'm not sure what average discount on standard 370Z has been but no way could I have bought a Standard 370Z and did all the modifications my Nismo has for cost difference. Additionally Nismo team designed and tested all components together to put the entire car together. It shows in the Nismo's out of the box handling. I ont have to mess with the car at all. Probably one of the first cars I have owned where thats been the case.

Im also financing that additional cost over standard car with 3.75% loan. Not spending money out of pocket. And anyone who thinks upgrades are all trouble free are fooling themselves. I have enough experience with after market suspension systems, body upgrades, etc to know there are always potential issues to deal with. Resale of an aftermarket modded car is not going to be good either.

I dont like the catfish whisker face of the standard Z and I like all the styling cues of the Nismo. Also consider that if you were to total your car its unlikely your insurance will ever pay you for all the additional add ons on a standard 370Z. Youre going to get settlement in most cases for cost of a standard 370Z.

Overall this car at mid thirty K range is an awesome deal. I'm still grinning! Warning suspension in the Nismo isnt for sissies! I love it!
Shamu is offline   Reply With Quote