Thread: stock ADVAN's..
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 11:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
chops
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: NA
chops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond repute
Default stock ADVAN's..

am i just a crappy driver, or do the stock ADVAN's fare not so well in the cold. i know its been discussed...but man this week has been super cold. temperatures in the low to mid 30's when im leaving for work. the freeway onramp by my house is on an incline and the light is at the top of the incline. i cannot for the life of me launch without getting wheel hop!

the other morning i launched at around 3k, give it probably 50% throttle...VDC light just comes on and im hardly moving until i let go of the gas.

this morning i tried around 2500....VDC light comes on, same 50% throttle, some wheel hop, but im moving a hell of a lot faster than i was yesterday.

i mean..i could just normally launch, and drive as if i was on a normal road, but the merge lane is reallly short, and some of the cars are flying. if i dont gather speed quickly i feel like a douche when the car im merging with has to slam on their brakes for a white sports car thats driving slow
chops is offline   Reply With Quote