View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 10:48 AM   #19 (permalink)
FricFrac
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 300ZX 280ZX 240
FricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to FricFrac

Touring is a must - well at least here in Canada if you want a 370Z since it ONLY comes with Touring

I personally would have gone for the Base with Sports if I had that option BUT since I didn't and I had to go with Touring I was pleasantly surprised by the extras. I'm a bit of an audiophile and I've had the $4K+ custom stereo system with the custom fiber glass speaker pods, MB Quartz and JL speakers, etc, etc. The BOSE system isn't something I'd got out and buy but its surprisingly decent - in fact its good enough that I haven't planed on replacing it yet (but although I'm an audiophile I'd rather listen to the note of the exhaust instead of the stereo - I love driving under overpasses and tunnels!) The rear sub moves enough air to shake the mirrors. This isn't any high end system but its definately useable.

The bluetooth voice command is awesome - I love not having to take my phone out of my pocket when I'm in the car. Half the time I would be driving in my other vehicles and forget it then trying to dig it out when its ringing or not hear it ring at all... such a pain. Now I don't have to worry about that. I also find the voice command to call out, etc very handy. It would be nice if I could use the voice command built into my phone but this works - just a little extra set up.

Lumbar support is great - esp when you are going on a long trip I find I need to adjust it to a softer setting so its nice that you can configure it to your driving style. The leather seat are fine as far as burning yourself goes - my 280ZX had full on leather and it got nasty at times. No problems so far on the 370Z.

Homelink - super handy - get rid of those remotes. Auto dimming mirror - very nice feature as well. Kinda skipped that info when I was looking at the specs but I tend to flip at night with the old school mirrors between day/night to get the best visibility and now I don't need to - very nice.

Are the aluminum pedals touring or sports - regardless not much function but nice bling bling.

So now that I was forced into these features I would strongly consider getting the touring if it was an option....
FricFrac is offline   Reply With Quote