View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 11:17 AM   #32 (permalink)
Nitrouz
Track Member

Drives: 40th Z, GTR, 420z-tt
Nitrouz has a spectacular aura aboutNitrouz has a spectacular aura aboutNitrouz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckd05 View Post
As much as I agree with the OP here in what he wants from the car and the Z delivering.. lets not turn into HR 350z owners, lmao

the GTR is a beast of a machine, that is MUCH faster and handles MUCH better than our Zs... think about all the auto guys who love there 370z just as much as us manual guys.. I couldnt afford a GTR but if i could I wouldnt buy it due to the lack of a true manual.. I would go the Porshce route.. BUT after driving a scuderia for just 8 laps around the track I would of been more than pleased with that tranny... If the GTR's DCT is as good or better than the scuderia's I think a lot of us would be suprised at how good and fun they could be.

The awd and incredible traction of the gtr also kills some of the "fun" , But to me throwing a tune and downpipes/exhaust and going down the 1/4 in 11.2-10.8 is certainly something I could have fun doing...

Give me a TT 370z , which I couldnt logically do because of possible engine failure down the line, diminished life of all your drivetrain parts, and excessive costs to repair things , and I would be about as happy as I would be in any higher end sports car..

GTR>370z GTR=370Z TT IMO , that is why OP is throwing rims and a turbo on it , in what seems like before the engine breaks 5k miles, ha.

Good write up though... The few times I was in a GTR the car blew my mind, its interesting to here that from you who has owned one that was modded as well...

Tune and downpipes in a friends went 11.2 with 1,500 miles on the car.. I went for a ride and left that car with a whole new outlook on how "slow" my car really was haha
My GTR was going 10.7 @ 130 down the 1/4 mile. But seriously...drag racing is SO BORING in the GTR. Launch control, full auto mode. BAM 10.7 everytime. So freaking what? Not like I'm racing brackets for money or I'm getting paid for consistency.

I used to think GTR > 350ztt. Now I'm going backwards. 370ztt>GTR, due to the fun factor. Yes the DCT in the GTR is superior to the F1 tranny of the Scuderia. I've driven the Scud extensively as well. But at the end of the day, you're still pressing a paddle to shift. Yes it's fun being able to put all the power to the ground at every given moment, even in the middle of the 0.2 seconds of shifting. But after a while, when you want to be rebellious at 30mph, just to have some fun fishtailing and drifting through a tight corner? Sorry, can't be done. Actually you can...just mash the gas. But it'll pull you straight through the corner though. On the track, believe me, the GTR would be my first pick. But on the street, I'd pick a 370z or a 370ztt day in and day out. Like I said in my first post, in MY life, I drive 95% on the street, therefore I'm going to a 370Z. But if you drive mostly on the track, by all means, GTR is a choice you will not regret.