View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 09:59 AM   #43 (permalink)
rreign
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 03 Evo 8
rreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knives View Post
Well, I was thinking of getting the 500w so it can cover if I decide to get a sub later.

But, if I get a 200w (up to 4 channel I think) would be enough to power the two 240w speakers and maybe a small 10" sub later on?

Also, aftermarket 6.5" speakers should fit right in, in place of the door speakers right?
I personally don't like to hook up components and subs on the same amp. Typically amateur installers are going to underpower the sub and over power the components or cross impedences. I would suggest a smaller more equal (in wattage) 4 channel amp for components and just run a seperate mono amp when you decide to get a sub. Doing this allows you way more control over your system and it tends to offer a lot better sound quality!
rreign is offline   Reply With Quote